» Read about our workshops
» Read what others have said about our workshops
The weekend format is composed of a carefully constructed blend of educational lectures, group discussions, self-exploration and writing work. You will learn new skills - ways to communicate that will allow you to truly see and hear each other with compassion, to melt anger and move through conflict to a place of profound connection. A significant portion of the workshop is spent privately practicing these new tools with your partner. While you are invited to share your insights and experiences within the larger group, all such sharing is optional.
- Short lectures about the dynamics of intimate relationships
- Individual reflection and writing
- Demonstrations of new communication skills and time to privately practice these new tools with your partner.
This intensive, 20 hour workshop is designed to create a safe and comfortable environment for all participants. Your privacy is important. You will work alone and with your partner. You will not be required to share anything with the rest of the group. Support therapists are available to answer any questions and assist you. We encourage you to participate to your comfort level but you are not required to speak in front of the group. Confidentiality is respected and preserved throughout the workshop.
This workshop is intended to be educational; it is not intended to be a substitute for therapy. It has been utilized by thousands of couples in 30 countries and is now available on five continents. It is not a quick fix. It is a realistic understanding of the path to a safe and passionate partnership, a roadmap of the journey, and the tools needed to get you there.
All couples are welcome regardless of marital status or sexual orientation.
What you can expect:
Most people find the workshops to be an excellent experience that transforms their relationships forever. In learning this “new way to love…” you will make a difference in ALL of your relationships. As Alanis Morisette, singer and trained Imago Educator, says: “I have found that when my relationships work, everything else in my life works.”
- A safe and supportive environment that respects your privacy
- Understanding the predictable stages of relationships, including the inevitable frustrations and resentments that occur in all intimate relationships
- A deeper understanding of how your personal history impacts your current relationship
- To learn to communicate your feelings, needs and longings without causing pain
- A workbook designed by Harville Hendrix that is yours to use and keep
- To rediscover the depth of your passion and joy (or perhaps to experience it for the first time)
- To leave the workshop feeling connected to your past
| IMAGO Vancouver is offered by Tamara Adilman, MEd, RCC and
Maureen McEvoy, MA, RCC, certified Getting the Love You Want Workshop
Presenters. For more information, contact us at email@example.com.